PE and Sports Premium
What is the Sports Premium?
Funding, jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, for schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Purpose of the funding
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2015 to 2016 academic year, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Allocations for the academic year 2015 to 2016 are calculated using the number of pupils in years 1 to 6, as recorded in the January 2015 census, as follows:
- schools with 17 or more pupils receive £8000 plus £5 per pupil
- schools with 16 or fewer pupils receive £500 per pupil
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Please click the link below to see how our school spends the funding and how it impacts on pupils and their attainment.
Click here to see our current Pupil Sports Premium Grant Statement
2020/21 End of KS2 Results
|Outcome||% of Cohort that achieved the outcome|
|Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25m||100%|
|Use a range of strokes effectively (3 strokes at level green)||100%|
|Perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations||100%|